<VV>Carb problem

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat May 20 22:30:41 EDT 2006

>On start up right carb failed to work.

When I started sorting out all of my carb issues, one of the first things I
did after blowing everything out was to swap the carbs side for side to see
if the issues followed the carb. or were cyl set related.

I suspect my unstable idle is mostly from expecting too much from a 75,000
mile carbed engine in the first place. By throwing out the book,
misadjusting the idle settings, adding a direct-wired PII, FlameII, and 52
jets I have a reasonably stable 600 rpm idle in Drive when hot. I am
suspecting worn valve guides, possibly injecting free EGR on #4. Seems
reasonably good for now.

Padgett