<VV> Window Crank Spline

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Sun May 21 08:08:52 EDT 2006

On some of my earlier cars way back before I had the "proper" tools I used a
cotter pin extraction tool I had acquired from the military days to remove
the C-clip on door handles. It had a curved flat blade like end which I
could use to move one end of the C-clip at a time off the splined shaft. I
also had to use a pry tool to push the door panel out of the way enough to
see what I was doing.
I have encountered some handles that were bonded on by corrosion. A few
smacks with a BFH did the trick.

Rick Norris