<VV> Window Crank Spline

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun May 21 22:52:10 EDT 2006

To install the clip correctly, look for the little place the clip can
fit without being in the hold the handle on position. This is where the
clip "should" jump to when the tool releases it from holding the handle
on. Typically this means the open end of the clip faces up the handle
length. You can place the clip in the hold the handle on position and
just whack the handle on the shaft. No need to place the clip in the
holding position, put the handle on the shaft and then use a tool to
seat the clip into position, like I was taught way back when!

Most all window cranks I have seen point down and forward (southeast for
driver's door, south west for passenger's door) with the window closed.
I have never seen horizontal with the window closed on undisturbed cars.
Door latch handle is more pointing forward, especially on 68, 69 cars.
Fords have the vertical door latch handle on some cars, typically the
ones where you push forward to lock.

Frank DuVal