<VV> Smittys Cam off / carb delay?

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon May 22 12:28:46 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/22/2006 8:56:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vairologist at verizon.net writes:

>  Finally got my honeydos out of the way this morning and very carefully
> moved the damper timing mark to TDC for cyl # 2.  This placed the little zero on
> the cam gear at the block split line on the bottom of the engine.  Only
> problem is that it is not at the split line but about one tooth off.  So based on
> the accuracy of the timing index mark and the location of the zero I can
> only assume that in spite of my best efforts, I did indeed index the cam and
> crank wrong.  If I did, this is the first time in 30-35 years to do that.  I
> remember like it was this morning looking at the match up of the timing marks
> with a flashlight when I put the block together.  Maybe it is time to quit this
> crap

------

Yes it is time!!!!  gggg    BUT  first!!!!!

You and Craig Nicols have now experienced this, and BOTH  found the cam off
by 1 tooth......

Which one[s] of our "techno geeks"  can explain why  one bank  acts the way
it does????

Please Hurry, as my eyesight is failing fast!!!!  LOL!!

59 and in my prime!!!

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!