<VV> Re: Yucky Beer uses -- Some Corvair (Grolsch)

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Mon May 22 11:18:51 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/22/2006 7:35:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Taruffi57 at aol.com writes:

snip <<He had accumulated lots of cheap wine and beer  and gave me a supply
of Grolsch.>> snip again  << I now  use what I  have left to clean my garage
floor of oil  drippings.>>

Joe, I'm not sure if you grow any tomatos or if Mrs. Joe has a flower
garden, but you can take that "so called" beer and place it in some small cups
around any plants and the slugs (snails) will crawl in there and drown (the cups
need to be sunk into the ground so the opening is almost level to the ground
surface)... I can remember my Grandma doing that with her "stale" Falls City
when she'd find one that she didn't finish... those snails are happy to get
ANY  beer, since they always get carded around here...

I put some more miles on the 69 yesterday... had to go to another  funeral...
this time the funeral was for the mother of one of my best friends...  she
was only 60, and I'd known her for the last 25 years... she died in a freak
accident... she's been battling epilepsy most of her life, but had a seizure
while she was leaving the bathroom in her home. Eddie, her son, told me that on
her way down she hit her head on the sink, breaking her nose, and when she hit
 the floor with her face it shoved her nose up into her brain, killing her
instantly. He told me the Coroner told him he didn't believe she suffered at
all, and never knew what happened... it's just a shame... she was a nice lady,
and was always very nice to me... more than once I spent the night on her
couch when I didn't have a place to go... I saw some of our other  classmates
there, some I hadn't seen in over 20 years... and I also saw some of  Eddie's
uncles, although most of them had changed quite a bit, but they still
remembered me. I asked Eddie after his aunt came in and kissed me on the cheek  and
said "Lon, where have you been? I've not seen you in a month of Sundays!"...  I
said "Ed, have I not changed any, or am I the only tall friend you have?"....
he said "You got fat... that's all.".... His uncles Damon & Dudley both fell
in love with the Corvair... both saying "I wish I could find one of these... I
 haven't seen one in years!".... then they started asking what I ever did
with my  1950 Buick Roadmaster... that was the last time they saw me, about 1989,
and  that was my daily driver... I told them "The Gulf War hit, gas prices
got over a  dollar a gallon, and then someone wanted it more than I did... when
he offered  me way more than I thought it was worth, I sold it"... and then I
told them how  I took that money and bought my first Corvairs...
It was good to see them, and great to reminisce about the "old days"...  they
invited me back to their "family reunion" and Damon said "We  won't have all
these outsiders here, just family, like you."... it made me feel  good.
The 69 ran great, but I think I'm going to swap out the distributor... it
stumbles when you first start up and put it in reverse... died twice  as I was
getting ready to leave... but it always does that... I think it might  still
have the "smogger" distributor installed, and since all that stuff is  removed,
I think a regular distributor should work nicely...
Anyway, that was my weekend... my second funeral in as many months... I'm
ready for a reprieve...
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg