<VV> Splitting the block

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon May 22 19:49:03 EDT 2006

Smitty Says.  I suppose I should give credit for me finding this problem to Craig Nicol.  He told me that he had the same problem and it was caused by somebody mis indexing the cam.  OK he didn't see how it could allow it to run on one side and not the other, either.  Nor do I.  He fixed it by correctly indexing the cam.  Think I should call him a liar or take his help at face value?
  Now to deal with this useless controversy on when TDC is.  (Want to talk about when Is, is)  gg.    Alright, listen up and if you disagree with me, stuff it.  TDC does occur for a cyl two times during a running cycle.  So what?  As far as I am concerned (and I would bet for 99% of the rest of you, TDC is when the fire goes "boink" and lights the fuel air mixture.  That other time the piston comes up is merely the top of the exhaust stroke.  So if you want to talk about TDCs to me any more, or to the 99% of the rest, let's consider it the top of the copmpression stroke.  This has been a stressful and tiring problem for me and I am not interested in playing games.   Much thanks to all who tried to help.  If this works I will let you all know asap.