<VV> Highrise air cleaner and tire clearance

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue May 23 00:30:15 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/22/2006 7:21:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

Inna  word, the spare tire. I have a 185x80x13 (pretty close to the original
7.00 x13) in the spare right now and there is less than an inch clearance
between the rubber and the tube to the right carb. To use a 2" spacer I
would need to raise the spare by at least an inch which means the spare
would need to be supported differently.

Now with a smaller spare  (space savers were available for Firebirds) there
would be no problem but  you are talking about a significant engineering
effort when the general  had already decided to can the Corvair as soon as
politically  possible.

So this will work easily on Air Conditioned Corvairs? Spares mounted in the
trunk. And the 60% of the other Corvairs where the spare has been relegated to
 the trunk anyway! (grin)

Oh, and watch out when quoting the tires sizes and comparisons, the tire
police are going to get you!!   I'll bet they are reading this RIGHT  NOW!  - Seth