<VV> FC Weatherstrips, Fuzzys, and Gaskets

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue May 23 22:23:04 EDT 2006

The time has come to do a glass out restoration on the wife's  64 Greenbrier
(this is the one in somebody's Corvair A/C book, and also viewable  at this
link:
_http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=49614270&security=kzfFvn_
(http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=49614270&security=kzfFvn)  ). Anyway, I already have replacement
gaskets for the fixed glass  in the rear doors (from Clark's) and I'm
considering buying the body-to-glass  gaskets for the rearmost, fixed glazing. I
already have a nearly new front  windscreen gasket--having installed--a new glass,
there, about 1-1/2 years  ago...that was a Clark's 1-piece gasket, and it fit
fairly well....planning on  reusing that gasket.

Questions (I'll number em' to keep things  straight):

1) Has anyone used either or both of Clark's back & side  gaskets per above,
and, if so, to what degree of success? How bout any other  suppliers?

1.5)  The sides look like a real bear to R &  R....what's up with those?
Should I just leave then alone? Money is not the  primary concern, here, but
finished quality is.

2) I'm going to buy Clark's fuzzys, all around...I've used  theirs over the
years for cars, and I'm assuming the FC version is just as  good?

3) What about the channel felts? Does Clark's, or anyone else  sell ready fit
product like OEM style? I speak not only of the channel the  windows slide up
& down in, but also the same felt material that goes  completely around the
window opening and is pressed into the slot the window  pushes up into.

Never being one to "cheap" my Corvairs; the outcome I'm aiming  for is as
good or better than new stock...my philosophy is if you don't aim at  the bulls
eye, you won't even hit the field.

Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thank you.