<VV> FC Weatherstrips, Fuzzys, and Gaskets

vairtec at optonline.net vairtec at optonline.net
Wed May 24 09:04:06 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Mikeamauro at aol.com

> 1.5)  The sides look like a real bear to R &  R....what's up with those?  Should I just leave them alone? Money is not the  primary concern, here, but finished quality is. <

The sides are deceptive, they're really quite easy to R&R.  They are retained by metal strips inside the rubber, accessible by lifting the inside edge of the rubber (inside the vehicle).  Pop 'em up with a small flat-bladed screwdriver, they are seated on small "bumps" in the sheet metal.  There are four such retaining strips per side, two along the bottom and one on each vertical edge.

Note, I have never installed any repros, so I cannot speak for them, but I've reinstalled good originals with no difficulties.

--Bob