<VV>ATF

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Wed May 24 00:04:48 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/22/2006 8:34:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tonyu at roava.net writes:

My  favorite was the guy with the early '60s Rambler (6 cylinder) who
taught  shop classes at my old alma mater.   As a demo of the fact
that  a lubricating agent need not be petroleum based, he ran the car
for a week  or two back and forth between classes and home with
nothing but dish  washing liquid in the pan.  If it got a little low
from evaporation,  he added water.   I think he did nothing except
flush the oil,  replaced the filter, and removed the thermostat so the
engine wouldn't run  hot, and filled it to the FULL mark with Joy.

Tony,
I don't know how it didn't foam right the road draft tube.  Some of  my
flying buddies and I put a bottle of Joy in a spa in a motel in  Panama
City, Fla. once and it filled the whole court yard with foam in about
20 minutes.  Made the manager quit upset but he couldn't prove who
did it.  ggg

Once a fighter jock, always a fighter jock!!!!!!!

Ed Corson  (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club