<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 16, Issue 97, Msg 10

WillSmithIndoorPS smith at indoorps.com
Fri May 26 20:03:45 EDT 2006

Message: 10
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 19:35:01 -0400
From: Bill Elliott <corvair at fnader.com>
Subject: <VV> Pixar's "CARS" in Autoweek

So did anyone read the series of articles on the new animated movie from
Pixar? "CARS"... AW says that it may be "the best car movie...ever!"

...Jay Schuster, 35, is the "Concept Designer" with an industrial design
degree and work for Lucasfilm designing vehicles for "Star Wars". So how
did he get into cars? His father was a GM designer... he grew up in a
household with "everything design, car design, anything mechanical,
airplanes, trains, automobiles".

He continues "Dad was in love with the Corvair and had a '69 and a '64,
both convertibles. Those stick out as the car I grew up with and loved,
just because of its quirkiness-- you know, 'Dangerous at any speed'.
Actually it was a forward-looking design at that time, kind of
cab-forward, a cool design". (He does admit that he doesn't currently
have a hobby car, but I'm sure we could fix that for him...)

So good press right where you least expect it! We ought to invite him to
the Convention!

Bill

Yes, I agree...someone should invite him to the convention...it would likely
be the highlite of his life...it might even lead to him doing a new animated
Car Movie centered around the Corvair...invite him to bring along a camera
crew, too. Creative guys like that like unusual things and they are probably
all too young to have any first hand experience/knowledge of Corvairs...I'll
bet they would all be blown away by the convention.

Will Smith
future owner, 66 Monza vert, 110, pg [parade duty/kid ride car...let kids
look at the motor in the front]