<VV> Bewildered with the new 4-door.

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 01:58:04 EDT 2006

After two hours of looking around since I got home,
here's the post I built for the Phorum, and an
addendum.

Hey guys...just flat-towed the new 65 Monza sedan home
with no incident.  went "vairy" well *wink, wink*

So far this is what I've figured out...

- The engine is not the original one.  it's a 110 from
an Auto, and this car has the original 3 speed in
it...engine code is T1222RH   Not sure what year it is
from, cause they made RH for three years (65-67)

Interesting to note though that this car originally
had a 110....so at least it has in it the engine that
it SHOULD have in it.

- Looks to have recently rebuilt carbs, a new
distributor cap, and plug wires..

- has the original Paint job which is code "P-P" for
Evening Orchid (it is presently a maroon car)    An
interesting thing to note about that is that the car
has a maroon paintjob, with the dealers name
(minnesota dealer!) still on the back of the car....

    Maybe a used car dealer re-painted it at some
point???

-Black dash-board, gray instrument panels, black
seats, black carpet, black door panels.

-Rocker panels are solid.  I see a little bubble of
the rear of the front fender starting, but isn't
progressed all that far yet from what i can tell.

- Has the air-bath air cleaner.

I'm gonna see if i can find the right communique, but
the option code, i believe is 4P.

So here's my addendum.

before that "4P"  shouldn't there be a bunch of
letters....or is 4P an option package that includes a
bunch of the pieces of RPO's that would have been
shown with all the groups.

Basically, what I'm saying is...there are no groups.
just 4P.

11C                     E
65-10539  WRN  8544
713-                     P-P
     4P

I cannot find my May 2005 Communique, or I would have
tried to figure this out by now....

Looks like a fun car though!

Ryan

P.S.  pictures after I clean it tomorrow!

1965 Corsa/110/4
"164 ci of Flat Six Fury"
http://www.edselmotors.com/corsa.html
and http://free4allband.tripod.com/corsacorvair.html