<VV> Calling California Vair People

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Sun May 28 13:53:15 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/27/2006 4:09:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
robedinpurple at yahoo.com writes:

Well  folks, it looks like California here I come!
I've been offered a job in  the Gardena, CA area (LA
suburbs).  I'm coming from Michigan.   Can some of you
California folks e-mail me the nitty gritty of what
I'll  have to do to get my 64 licensed and operating in
CA?

If it's already registered and licensed it's a snap... No test on
inspections required.

Tip.  Join AAA... You can do it all there and avoid the craziness of  the DMV

Also,  which clubs are in the area (I think there
are several).  And on a  non-vair note, can anyone tell
me the specifics of bringing in a  non-California
emissions vehicle as a new resident?  I believe  this
is allowed, but not sure.

Thanks in advance,
John  Headley

You'll be in the vicinity of CORSA West of LA.   Nice  folks.

Your vehicle will need to pass a Smog test but only for the emissions level
for which it was
built. If this is less strict than California Emissions for the vehicle in
question then that is the
level that it will be required to meet.

If it is a pickup truck you may be required to get a weight certificate. I
had 2 trucks when I
moved back here from Illinois. One needed it the other didn't?

Once again  JOIN AAA... You will be so glad you did!

Tim Abney
Inland Empire Corvair Club