<VV> update, and another cry for help; engine trouble

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sun May 28 16:08:32 EDT 2006

This is normal. With the engine off, and the points closed, the load of the
coil AND the resistor in series, should show 6 volts at the coil. If the
points were open, then you should see about 12 volts. This is ohms law.
With the engine running, you really have chopped voltage at the coil. as the
points are opening and closing. So 10 volts is really the AVERAGE of the
coil voltage. And this will be dwell dependant.
Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net