<VV> VV 1960 Battery

vairdan at localnet.com vairdan at localnet.com
Sun May 28 17:07:13 EDT 2006

  John,

  The Honda battery will work with the 60, however it is extremely
close! If someone puts undo pressure on your engine lid, it could hit
the terminals, if I remember correctly. Also putting the terminals on
carefully is a must. I don't remember the Group # but, I'm sure
someone will chime in. I used a piece of rubber on the top for short
prevention.

  VairDan

  Quoting john <jncmiller at mchsi.com>:

> I recently aquire a 1960 coupe that has not run in 18 years. Not
> being that familiar with the 60 model I need to get a battery that
> fits it to get started. I realize I can get an original type
battery
> from the vendors but I would like to find a cheaper substitute for
> now. Does anyone know of a battery I can pick up at.....say....
> Walmart, that will fit? I heard that a model of Honda batteries
will
> substitute but which one?
> By the way, My son Josh has survived his injuries in Iraq and is
back
> in the USA and doing well. He recieved a bronze star, purple heart
> and three other medals from this incident. Thankyou for all the
cards
> and letters and support you sent him.
>
> John Miller
> Iowa
> yes....I finally got my outlook express working again and I am 116
VV