<VV> update, and another cry for help; engine trouble

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sun May 28 17:41:05 EDT 2006

Ok, new questions related to this:  first I discovered that the condenser
looking gizmo mounted on the side of the coil (I was told its a radio
suppressor) is wired to the wrong side of the coil on one of my cars.  Funny
enough I believe its on the wrong side (negative side is wrong I was told)
on the car that runs ok.... next issue;

On the car that runs ok there are two wires coming out of the harness and
going to the positive side of the coil, one is the wire (yellow on the one
car) that is about 6 volts, 10 when cranking... the other wire I know
nothing about.

On the car that is giving me trouble this second wire is cut off and taped
back.... it goes nowhere.  What is this wire?  What does it do?

Again, please reply directly to my e-mail address if possible so I dont have
to wait for the digest.

Ray Rodriguez III
Corsa
65 Corsa 140/4