<VV> carb adjustments...

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon May 29 11:32:18 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/29/06 6:59:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I've got the idle mixture screws at 1 1/2 turns out and I've adjusted
> the one long adjustable rod on the drivers side so that it's just
> about as long as it can get. I've got some old carbs in various
> states of disrepair and none of the adjustable rods are anywhere near
> adjusted out as far is I have these. These a re new rebuilts and I'm
> confused.
---
Didn't any instructions come with the carbs?  Sounds as flakey as our D & M
Big singles!  ggg

IDLE SPEED screws are what controls idle speed!  Not the Mixture screws!

On the drivers side of the LINKAGE crossshaft...disconnect the swivel link
the goes to the drivers carb.  NOW you can balance and adjust idle speed
individually!

Question:  What adjustable rod[s]?  Can you explain futher?  The only
adjustable rod  on  BOTH carbs on a 2 carb engine [ 80-110 hp]  is the Choke rod!
The accelerator pump and fast idle cam rods [ links]  are not threaded....

Matt.....  confused also!