<VV> re: early model batteries

vairdan at localnet.com vairdan at localnet.com
Mon May 29 10:57:46 EDT 2006

  Things change in a few years, that's why I posted. That, and the
probability of needing a new battery this year.

  True about the wait for a Delco. I called and got a distributor
OTHER than my Chevy dealer and both times it took 3-5 weeks. I guess
the east coast is on a better distribution route that is more
frequent that TX.

  And it has been a few years (3), but I talked to a New Castle
battery rep and had him double check the tar top thing and it was a
tar top a few years ago, but at $180 I think they may not be selling
a whole lot and could have very well changed that.

  People go buy your Group 53 batteries. buy spares so we can get
what we want when we need them! <GGG>

  VairDan