<VV> Carb adjustments... Almost funny!

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 30 09:14:35 EDT 2006

Ok- Here's what happened for anyone who cares.  ;op
This '65 500 coupe has a factory installed AC equipped 110 in it.
After going insane for weeks, yesterday I noticed that the passenger
side
condenser bracket was loose.  One of the two bolts that holds it in
place was
snapped off and the other was loose. This allowed the bracket to
rotate into
the path of the linkage on the carb. Rotate the throttle cross shaft
once and the
linkage would come down and hit the opening lip on that side that
allowed
for installed the spark plug. I had installed the plug wires between
the bracket
and the the top shroud (turkey roaster) the thickness of the plug
wires pushed the
AC bracket into the linkage travel.

It still idles a bit high. but I'm assuming it's because I was
adjusting things all over
the place trying to get something to work. Oh well, now I have to
figure out how to get that
stupid broken bolt out of the head.

-Cash 'stupid is as stupid does' Case

'65 500
'65 Monza
'65 Corsa

Cash Case, Art guy -
Home phone: 972-444-8531

"English doesn't borrow from other languages.
English follows other languages down dark alleys,
knocks them over, and goes through their
pockets for loose grammar."