<VV> Camshaft pictures

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Tue May 30 15:25:20 EDT 2006

I got the crank-case split and pulled the cam. Here are a couple pics of the
old cam and lifter next to the new cam. Exhaust lobe is rounded over. Both
lifters on that lobe are worn severly. All of the other lifters look fine.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/4carbcorvair/66Corsa135.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/4carbcorvair/66Corsa136.jpg

Remeasured rod and main journals. Standard bearings will be ordered today.
The old mains look really good, considering, along with the rod bearings.
Looks like I caught it before too much damage occured. I have a LOT of
cleaning to do. Everything has pretty shiny metalic particals in or on it.
--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.
Maine