<VV> Anybody in VV buy this car?

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Tue May 30 17:30:34 EDT 2006

There was a big car auction, this past weekend back in the depressed area of PA where I originally hail from.  They had a '62 Corvair Monza, Powerglide, convertible up for auction, that I had seen about 8 years ago when I vested this man's car collection.  I seriously considered going to this auction, since from what I recalled of the car, in my pre-Corvair days, was that it was in good shape , and I figured it would not go for much, considering the area.  After seeing today what the car went for, I'm glad I didn't drive the 500+ miles.

Here's a site with an article on the auction:
HTTP://www.observer-reporter.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&subsectionID=15&articleID=19916

Here's the link to the auction ad and if you select view photo gallery, you will see the cars that were for sale, including the Corvair:

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=124825

Does it appear that it is missing the emblem in the front?

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Corsa Member