<VV> intermittent spark

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed May 31 11:42:23 EDT 2006

>I'll try swapping in the condenser from my other car tomorrow

Don't bother, just disconnect it. Is only there to control radio static.
BTW that 10.6v measured at the positive terminal of the coil is too high.
With 30 degrees dwell (1/2 cycle) should be around 9 v.

Way to check the resistor wire is to turn key on, engine off, ground the
negative (-) terminal of the coil (or make sure the points are closed), and
measure the voltage on the positive (+) terminal. Should not be more than 7
volts with stock ignition.

Padgett