<VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 16, Issue 118

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed May 31 12:04:43 EDT 2006

That's strange, Ed. While I agree with your definition of conventional
wiring diagram color codes, the wire we're talking about is definitely
18gauge purple ('66-'69) and 20gauge black with a purple stripe ('65) in the
actual harnesses that I can lay my hands on .
Both of my cars and one spare harness ('66) have 18ga purple wires and one
of the spare harnesses ('65) has 20ga black/purple. I looked very closely to
ensure I was correct on this and to make sure we were talking about the same
wire(s). In both cases they connect (on the other side of the engine harness
disconnect) to the resistance wire for the coil +ve. Further, I can find no
pink wires at the engine harness connector in any of the 4 harnesses that I
have. Curiously enough, the 12gauge purple wire to the starter circuit is
identified as 12PPL in the wiring diagram, and is actually that color in all
my harnesses.
As Alice said- "Curiouser and curiouser!".
Regards
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone