<VV> Greenbrier Questions

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed May 31 21:17:12 EDT 2006

On May 27, 2006, at 1:27 PM, Steven J. Serenska wrote:

> VVers:
>
> I am starting to think about buying a Greenbrier.

Sounds good!

> Are there any "deal-buster" problems I should specifically check out
> when looking at a Greenbrier?  To give an example, in the world of
> late model convertibles, if the car had terminal rust-through in the
> rocker panels and/or in the door pillars, it would be a deal-buster
> (i.e., I would just move on and look for a car with fewer structural
> problems).

Rust - the FCs are no better or worse in terms of corrosion resistance
than the cars.  The structure underneath is pretty easy to see, look
for rust there.  As with the cars, most of the mechanical parts are
available.  The later (63 1/2 up) FCs have a number of refinements, but
I'd consider body condition the single most important factor.  I have
some bits and pieces on ours on my site, you may find the info useful.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa