<VV> Power Brakes for Corvair

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Nov 8 14:34:25 EST 2006

Hi Bill,

The power booster will move the master cylinder forward, you'll likely
need to fabricate new hard lines from the m/c to the distribution
block(s).  Connecting the vacuum isn't too tough, run a hard line
(copper should be fine) along the bottom of the car, and tap into the
carb balance tube for the supply.  You might look at some of the V8
cars for ideas, they seem to use power brakes often.

One thing - I would actually have your wife drive it before you make
the change, just so she can feel the difference.  That way if the
brakes still aren't "great" to her, at least she knows they're
"better".

--Bryan