<VV> Power Brakes for Corvair

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Wed Nov 8 22:51:07 EST 2006

On both of my '66s, I have specifically noticed that the amount of foot
effort and pedal travel is LESS than in my daily driver disc-brake car
(built in 2003). ABS and what-have-you can really affect things.

Corvair brakes, at least on a late model, can be set up to engage very
quickly and man oh man is there a lot of stopping power. Remember, they are
the same brakes as a SS 396 Chevelle of the same era, just reversed. The
Corvair is a whole lot lighter and has much better weight distribution under
braking than the Chevelle.

--Kent