<VV> Starting Problem

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 20 20:39:09 EST 2006

Normal operation on a cold engine would be to push the pedal to the floor
and let it return gradually to rest (just not SNAP up).  Turn the key.  It
starts - with the chokes ON.  After 4 - 5 minutes, if you've not touched the
pedal, the chokes will start to come off and the idle speed will reduce.

Try it that way and let us know if it is not reacting as I've described -
and what it is doing instead.

In REALLY cold weather, there may SOMETIMES (not often) be a need to goose
the gas a bit in order to get a little extra boost out of the accelerator
pumps.  This is to KEEP it running after it has started.

I think, from your description, that you might be dealing with a "flooded"
condition (which you may have induced).

Later, JR