<VV> Chevy Nova = <N>ova <O>mega <V>entura <A>pollo

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Nov 24 19:58:50 EST 2006

At 12:10 PM 11/24/2006, henry kaczmarek wrote:
>That's right.  The NOVA started out as the "Chevy II".
>The Nova was upgraded interior trim/exterior trim and choices of
>engine/transmissions from the stock Chevy II. Then there were also
>the Nova SS. I don't remember the first year, might have been 66.  I
>had a 67 Nova SS.

The Chevy-II Nova SS was available in 1963.   The Chevy-II started in
late '61, titled as a '62 of course but I'm pretty sure it was NOT
badged as a Nova.   That came in '63 with an options package I think,
as did the SS package.   By the way, 1963 was the only year you could
get a ragtop Nova, thus those '63 Nova ragtops are worth a buck or
two, especially if in SS clothes.

We had a 1963 Chevy Nova wagon.  It was the first automobile I ever
drove by myself.   The guy a block up and one street over had a red
'63 Nova SS.    Had a 6-banger in it.    Another guy a block over the
other way had a white '64 Nova with a 283 V8.   First Nova I ever saw
with V8 power.   All these particular Chevy-IIs were badged as
NOVA.    However, I believe you could buy a "stripper" Chevy-II
through '64 with no Nova badges.

...somebody correct me if I'm in error.     ;)   ...just to make
sure; I'm *still* smarting after that HV carb mixture screw
blunder.... dang...

tony..