<VV> Chevy Nova = <N>ova <O>mega <V>entura <A>pollo

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Nov 24 23:35:58 EST 2006

Tony sounds mostly right IIRC. The first model year for Chevy II was
1962. 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder power. The base Chevy II was the 100
series. The 400 series was badged Nova. There was also a mid trim level
300 series. Convertable is available in both 62 and 63 versions.

64 brought a 283 V-8 and the 230 cu in 6 cylinder along with the 4 cyl
and 194 cu in 6 cylinder. But the ragtop was eliminated from the line
up. And according to :
http://people.smu.edu/acambre/nova/history.html
the SS was brought back in mid year.

BTW 1970 was the last year for the 4 cylinder "option". And I have seen
a 1968 SS with the 4!!!!! That CHROME must make it faster!

Those other clones didn't appear until the early 70's.

Frank DuVal