<VV> More drilling out a broken bolt

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 5 11:57:31 EDT 2006

Spend the time on trying to get the initial hole absolutely centered.  Often
it doesn't matter if your drilled hole is centered, and you can get the
remaining bits out like Bryan said. However, in some cases, the bolts are
stubborn, so try to get a centered start.  I once drilled out a
flywheel-to-crankshaft hub bolt that left the bolt with light showing thru
the threads. I have never done one that well before or since.

Chuck S
BBRT