<VV> Body, Paint & Interior Prices

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Mon Oct 9 16:06:45 EDT 2006

On the east coast, $7-8k is not unreasonable for a driver-quality paint
job (or maybe slightly better) while a top notch one can easily cost
twice that... finding a shop that will do resto work (instead of the
much more profitable insurance crash work) is the real challenge.

I recently paid less than $7k for a "strip to bare metal, fix some small
rust, and respray" on a small car... and well over that for a larger car
requiring more significant rust work.

But then I've also seen Corvair body rust repairs run into 5 figures...
starting with a solid car is an _excellent_ idea....

Bill Elliott