<VV> Carb Sync and Linkage Adjusting

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Tue Oct 17 23:02:50 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/17/2006 7:37:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
lasthamlet at yahoo.com writes:

I  can
pull the linkage-rod toward the back of the car, and
she will idle  back down, unless I let go, then she
idles back up.

Sounds to me like the linkage is hanging up on something. Check the linkage
on the side of the transmission. Make sure that the linkage isn't "over
center."  This will also effect when the PG shifts. If that's OK check the linkage
at the  engine for some interference. Spark plug wires can get in the way.

To sync the carbs, disconnect the linkage on the driver's side carb. Adjust
the carbs with the idle speed screws, make sure you hold the driver's side
carb  closed since it's not connected to the return spring. Finally, adjust the
linkage on the driver's side carb, what you disconnected earlier, so it just
slips into the cross shaft arm. Done...

Ned