<VV> Classic Car Insurance

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu Oct 19 14:09:54 EDT 2006

Correct on both counts. A classic insurance policy doesn't cover a daily
driver and a standard insurance company (if they will cover anything
more than liability alone) will be both very expensive and lacking in
coverage.

As long as you can meet the other requirements (storing in a locked
garage) you can use another car as your daily driver and choose a
classic policy that is a little more liberal... one that does not forbid
your driving to work and/or other driving, but one that says you cannot
routinely use the car that way. I'm seen some people run both standard
liability through a conventional policy then a full collector policy to
better protect the value of the car (though the collector insurance may
not pay off if the situation of the loss is in conflict with the
policy... but it's a cheap way to at least have a chance.) There is
apparently not much fear of a collector policy not paying off on a
liability claim, so this dual policy practice is likely overkill (and I
don't practice it... but I don't have a normal commute to work, either.)

I use Rally ( rallyinsurance.com ) and have been VERY happy with the
price and service, though I've yet to have a claim.

Bill