<VV> PG quirk

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Fri Oct 20 20:39:47 EDT 2006

It's been a while since I drove another PG car (my father's  Chevelle while
in H.S. to be exact), so forget exactly what "normal" shifts feel  like.
  Now that a successful carburetor transplant has banished the  engine's
hesitation and stalling, I have become aware that on gentle  accelaration, the
shifts seem to come a bit too soon (15-20 mph) and produce a  momentary lag and
loss of momentum.  On harder acceleration, it feels just  fine.  No problems
engaging from N; no problems with downshifts.   Tranny fluid looks nice and red.
 I checked that the  vacuum hose is connected to the modulator.
 Thoughts?
 Thanks, Matt M.
 ('66 Monza  coupe;110/PG)