<VV> 1965-1967 110HP with a/c low compression engine

Brent Covey brentcovey at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 22 15:50:19 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

I am contemplating building a low compression engine for an air conditioned car, like Chevrolet does when a 110 is ordered with air conditioning; basically a normal 110HP, 3839891 cam, with 95HP heads on it and a ton of extra ignition advance....

I would sure be interested in feedback about this type of engine, does this combination offer any true advantages? Seems to me it would be a pretty docile and economical engine, but I wonder that a regular old RH 110 HP engine might not just blow its doors off. I would expect its economy to be outstanding at highway speeds with the tremendous ignition advance specified for this combo. I also wonder if there is a special distributor or vacuum advance unit used on this combo, seems the usual 110 distributor would be rather excessive for advance,

Any advice or experiences would be very welcome,
Brent Covey
Vancouver BC