<VV> 1965-1967 110HP with a/c low compression engine

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 22:38:52 EDT 2006

Here is the unusual part of all of this, you know the
67 'strange zone' I was speaking of.

The other 67's  WERE NOT MADE WITH THE 24 DEGREE PLATE
so I did not want to include them with the post before
this one.
Below are their specs, and keep in mind these are all
on the 16 degree plate.

1967 95HP (Manual Trans)  Comp.Ratio: 8.25  Timing: 6
Degrees BTDC

1967 95HP (PG Trans)  Comp.Ratio: 8.25  Timing: 14
Degrees BTDC

1967 110HP No A/C (PG or Manual)(Type A Engine)
Comp.Ratio: 9.25  Timing: 14 Degrees BTDC

1967 95HP W/A.I.R. (Either Trans)  Comp.Ratio: 8.25
Timing: TDC

1967 110HP W/A.I.R. (Either Trans.)  Comp.Ratio: 9.25
Timing: 4 Degrees BTDC

Here is the real question about all of this, and I
have been wondering it for over a year.

What is really different about the Type B Engines????
What did GM do different to make these engines
originally run (In 1967, with 1967 gas), at 24 degrees
BTDC. The specs call for the 1110319 dizzy in both,
the same vacuum advance, the same engine
displacement(110HP being at question),,,,,,,,,, So,
what gives, and has anybody else ever wondered
that???????
Cause what keeps sticking out in my mind, is what Bob
wrote, and many others I have spoken to keep saying,
timing set that high initially, is compensating for a
bad design or something. By that I mean, when you get
full out timing, that has to be near the '50 mark' or
better, and that is an unbelieveable amount of timing,
even for the 1960's gasoline.
I wished I could answer that one, and High Kudos to
the one that knows.

Okay, I'm done, I promise. :-)
Best Of Regards,
Danny
67 Vert named Wilma, that puzzles me to ask questions.