<VV> Gutting the passenger compartment

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Sep 4 14:49:35 EDT 2006

At 05:22 hours 09/03/2006, norman.witte at comcast.net wrote:

> > 1) How far do I need to go in cleaning the metal? Does it need to
> > be sanded, goo gone'd, look like you could eat off it?
>
>This assumes that you don't have any rust through problems, but just
>surface rust.  Scrape it until any loose material is gone.  DO NOT
>REMOVE SEAM SEALER unless you have to get at a rusty seam
>below.  (This is the caulk stuff where panels join.) Clean the
>remainder first by vacuuming, then with Econoclean or a similar
>paint prep.  Then paint the whole inside with POR 15, carefully
>following the instructions on the can.

If POR-15 isn't your cup of tea via either price or availability,
give Hammerite a try.  Pretty good stuff.    Works well.   Hard to
complain about what I've experienced with it.

And, it won't cause you to become ill and die.

> > 3) What is appropriate punishment for an 11 year old who shoves a
> > baby garter snake in his mother's face while she is upside down in a
> > vert? Oh, I think I got that one handled. I'll let him out of the
> > trunk before supper.
>
>Excellent idea.  Then you can serve garter snake for supper.  Just
>tell him it's a REAALLY BIG green bean.

Or...  she grabs the snake and says "thank you, how sweet" in front
of witnesses.   Embarrassment works.

tony..