<VV> Wiper Refills

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Sep 10 14:02:06 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/9/2006 6:51:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

BTW, how  long can you store wiper blades reliably?  I'd like to get a couple
pairs  and store them for the inevetible day when it's raining and my wipers
are  bad.

mike

Really good question! _ I'll bet if you stored them in a tight sealed bag,
to limit the oxygen attacking the rubber, and in a cool dark place, to limit UV
 attack, they would live a long time. How about a double zip-lock bag in a
garage  cabinet. I was going to suggest the Vair Trunk, but heat would hurt them
a bit.  I would be cautious about treating the rubber with anything, some
stuff might  make it last forever, but limit the wiping effectiveness when you do
use them.  There might be something that would seal them but let them work
after  installation. - Seth