<VV> HELP!... push rod tubes...

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Sep 11 13:25:18 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/11/2006 9:58:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

Cash,  I'm eating lunch at my desk now.  Did you use a socket  and a mallet(
or, carefully, a hammer) to seat the pushrod in the  crankcase?
He means the pushrod "tube", not the pushrod!
With the
crankcase end of the push rod tube coated with oil it should  pop in snuggly.

I use the HRM Assembly lube (black Moly Lube) on the O-rings, they  usually
slide onto the tube and allow the tube to slide in easily.The  correct
installation technique is to install the O-ring into the end of the tube  that will
reside in the cylinder head, slide the block-end of the tube through  the hole
in the head so the end that will reside in the block is available. Only  then
do you install the O-ring for the block end. Then finally push (then tap)  the
pushrod tube into place.When Properly install the tubes usually do  not turn
essily. - Seth