<VV> Exhaust temp... (was push rod tubes)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 12 17:59:11 EDT 2006

Cash...  Normally the left bank exhaust runs hotter - well, it warms up
sooner and cools down slower.  The evidence of this is the damper doors.
Left opens first and closes last.  Why?  Longer exhaust log on left side AND
the oil cooler is there as well.  So, it is quite possible that you are
experiencing normal operation.

Rough running and right side WAY cooler?  Pull (and replace) plug wires one
at a time.  If the Rs go down, that cylinder is firing.  If they don't go
down, that cylinder (piston) is currently just along for the ride - and part
of the reason that the exhaust is running cooler.

Later, JR

Past, present and future posts to Virtual Vairs by this writer are for the
private use of Virtual Vair members only.  Reproduction, including
archiving, outside of the Virtual Vairs is specifically prohibited.  This
prohibition includes any portions of this writer's message which may
have been included in a response message by another VV member.