<VV> Swim Suit issue !

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Sep 14 08:42:30 EDT 2006

Yea, they caught a lot of flack over that one. Personally, I never
thought an "april fools" issue served any useful purpose, either. Sure,
I appreciate good humor, but often amateur comedians can easily cross
the line into bad taste without realizing it. The result is that what
one person sees as a joke is offensive to another. The defining sign, I
think, is when the author tries to write (darn, I can't think of the
name for it - sarcasm?) realistically when something is a fabrication.
Such humor really takes a pro to pull it off right.

So far though, I have yet to see anyone writing for CC that is as
skilled as, say, Garrison Keilor or Mark Twain. IMHO, an obvious joke or
two is ok, but such "fabrication" humor issues would best be left to a
professional.

Now if they wanted to have a humor page, maybe they should reprint the
"Incredo Products" page that the Air Horn used to periodically print.
Now THAT would be humor that's obvious to everyone.

-Mark