<VV> POW MIA Vigil (no corvair)

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Thu Sep 14 16:31:12 EDT 2006

Hi

For those of you who might live in Southeast Michigan, I Just wanted to let you know that Vietnam Veterans oif America chapter 154 is having a POW memorial-PIW MIA Rememberance at the Oakland Hills Cemetary, 12 Mile and Novi Road this Friday at 5PM.

The service is at 5 and then our Point Team (Color Guard) will stand vigil on the Michigan wall throughout the night til 5PM Saturday when we will have the closing ceremony.

We have done this every year for about the past 20, and will keep doing it til we get an accounting for all the men from Michigan who are still missing.

Outside of the opening and closing ceremonies, there is no particular structure to the observance.    Other than those time, its kind of like an open house.  Each year some of the immediate families of those still missing are there.

It seems right and proper that we should take a few moments to honor those who went to war and never came home.

If you can stop by, we'd love to see you.

I would never have used the bandwidth, but figured, just once, you'd forgive me.

Mike Jacobi
VairforceOne