<VV> Question about Dale Advance/Retard Unit

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 1 12:58:44 EDT 2007

Am I the only one who never experienced this "bog" after installing the Dale
Adv/Retard unit?
>From this post, I interpret that this is a significant problem that many
have experienced. Why am I so different (careful where you go with responses
here! <G>)?

The only change I noticed was the need for lighter throttle settings at
cruise and actually an easier "off the line" response. Gas mileage did not
appreciably improve, but Grant sez that I may have a carb problem causing
that.

If the "bog" issue is related to ported or non-ported vacuum signals, I
still use the stock manifold (non ported) vacuum signal to the distributor.

Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone