<VV> ONLINE COMMUNIQUE'... PDF PROCESS & MORE

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 13 09:05:38 EDT 2007

There was a version of Acrobat Reader a few years ago which removed the
ability to copy and paste text but it has been back in the last couple
of versions. I find a PDF file much easier to deal with than HTML for
this type of document and find that most publishing (not web specific)
software does a much better job of creating PDF than HTML. Where you
have a problem with a PDF is if the program creates the PDF as graphics
rather than text. Most HTML is also a pain to print and get to look good.

Mike Kost

P.S. I get several professional publications which are available as web
versions (HTML or a collection of PDFs connected by HTML) and find I
much prefer the print version for browsing and also find that most of
the web versions (which are not a single file) leave out some
interesting content (or maybe I just can't find it) that is in the print
version.