<VV> Re: [FC] Chrome Trim Clips for 64 Greenbrier Deluxe Steering Wheel

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 07:47:09 EDT 2007

Mike,

  If I am not mistaken, this is the same wheel used in 64 cars. The chrome pieces should not be too hard to find. 1964 was the only year that the deluxe vans shared this part.
  In my opinion, it has too much dish and is not very comfortable to drive.

  Good luck in your search,
  Bill Wells

Mikeamauro at aol.com wrote:
  The resto shop did a great job on refinishing the wheel, but in the process
broke a couple, and lost one of the narrow chrome pieces that go into the
groves in the wheel where the colors change (in the case of my van, the chrome
separates the white portions from the red portions. I speak of the actual part
of the wheel gripped, not anywhere near the hub.)

Before I call the Corvair Ranch, does anyone have either the chrome pieces
(I know, a long shot), or a used wheel I might purchase to salvage the parts
needed? Also, any pears of wisdom on R & Ring the pieces without breakage and
to insure a good refit.

Thanks for any help offered,
Mike Mauro
64 Greenbrier Deluxe and other Vairs