<VV> Advice needed: mods for best fuel mileage

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 15:12:53 EDT 2007

Tom,
    Despite what others may say, I wouldn't recommend  changing to a lower
compression ratio heads to gain fuel mileage.  Since  premium fuel costs only
about 8% more than regular, you'll probably lose more  than that in going with
the lower CR and thereby less  efficient heads.  You should also make sure your
ignition timing,  especially vacuum advance, is correctly set for your
engine.  You could  always use water injection to enable you to advance the timing
for better fuel  mileage. <GGGG>
    The best way of getting better mileage is changing  your driving habits.
When I back off the throttle because I see a red  light way ahead, I am
constantly being passed by foolish drivers who then have  to jam on their brakes to
stop for the light while I just coast up to it.   Show me the driver who gets
100,000 miles on a set of factory brakes and I'll  show you the driver who's
getting the best gas mileage.  It's called  "anticipatory driving".
    Frank "frugal" Burkhard

In a message dated 4/21/2007 11:05:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,