<VV> CORSA web site statics

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 11:45:31 EDT 2007

While I was putting together the web site map of CORSA chapters
(_http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/CorsaMap/CorsaMap.htm_
(http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/CorsaMap/CorsaMap.htm) )  I noticed some interesting
things about the different chapter web sites. The  biggest thing that bothered me
is the number of sites that are out of date, some  by many years. I'm our
club webmaster so I know how difficult it can be to keep  the site up to date.
Imaging a new Corvair owner looking for a club only to find  the web site of the
closest club was last updated in 1999. There are many sites  that also don't
have any contact info.

Another interesting fact is the number of chapters that don't have a web
site. We have found that our web site is a great source for bringing in new
members.

Anyhow, I'll let the numbers tell the story....
Number of chapters:  122
Chapters with web sites listed on CORSA site:  82 (67% of  chapters)
Actual working chapter web sites:  73 (59% of chapters, 89% of listed  sites)
Current web sites:  37 (30% of chapters, 45% of listed sites, 50% of  working
sites)

Maybe we need a little inspiration to keep web sites up and current.  Perhaps
a chapter award for best web site, similar to the newsletter  award.....

Ned