<VV> Dummy Drivetrain Advice for Transport

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 11:20:16 EDT 2007

Darrin,

I'm assuming you're talking about a late model car (you impressed me as
being a smart guy). You don't need the Differential case to hold the lower
struts in place, you could use one of the Crown Lower Control Brackets that
Clark's sells. This should be enough to get the car on a trailer, but you
need to discuss this with the shipping company as well. Most will charge
significantly more if they cannot drive the car onto the trailer.

As far as connecting the half shafts goes, I would be tempted to take one
half shaft, cut the tube out of the center of it, fabricate a two piece
aluminum pipe with flanges to bolt the yoke's on. mount the yokes on the
car, slide the two pieces together and put a bolt through them.

--
George Jones