<VV> Dummy Drivetrain Advice for Transport

Darrin Hartzler dhartzler at ifc.org
Wed Aug 15 11:32:56 EDT 2007

>George Jones wrote (in part):
>
>..assuming you're talking about a late model car....you could use one of
the Crown Lower Control Brackets that Clark's sells
>...or....
>take one half shaft, cut the tube out of the center of it, fabricate a
two piece aluminum pipe with flanges to bolt the yoke's on.
>mount the yokes on the car, slide the two pieces together and put a bolt
through them.

Thanks George,

It is indeed a late model.

I am worried about the "significantly more" shipping rate part, but more
worried that they will mess up the car.  Also considering a road trip to
Illinois the last weekend of the month!   20 hours driving in two days
from here on the outskirts of Our Nation's Capital.

I thought through a few cut-up-half-shaft ideas but they seemed to be a
pain to ship.   Two piece aluminum would ease some of the shipping worries
though.  Crown bracket did not occur to me...and I may want one on this
car when it is done.

Darrin