<VV> Does anyone know the seller of this '64 Rampside on eBay?

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Tue Aug 21 15:54:18 EDT 2007

On Aug 21, 2007, at 1:34 PM, Kent Sullivan wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=180150672716
>
> The truck is located in Oscoda, MI. Seller has the eBay handle
> "norookie69".
>
> I'd like to follow up and get the truck registered in the '64 Rampside
> registry. I am trying this approach rather than contacting the seller
> via
> eBay because that method has not resulted in much success in the past.
> ("Success" meaning the seller registered the truck.)
>
> I can also wait until it sells, if the reserve is met, and contact the
> buyer.

My 2004 Roster does not show any CORSA members in Oscoda. A check of
the CORSA database also shows no one in Oscoda (I think this database
includes anyone who is, or was ever a member of CORSA or a CORSA
chapter). It could be a matter of the owner not having an Oscoda
mailing address or something, but my bet is the owner is not a Corvair
person.

Contrary to what another post has said, you could certainly contact the
buyer.

It would certainly be good to get this Rampside on the registry. I see
it has the rare dual two-barrel carb option. Of course we know from
experience that owners of Rampsides with this option are usually not
Corvair people ;-)

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
President, CORSA South Carolina